Ricky and Ashley have an enormous fight because they are trying to resist falling for each other. They’ve been through a lot together and their relationship is deeper than most teenagers. Anne and George overhear the argument and tell Ricky to go home for a few days and they will take care of John. They broach Ashley about the relationship and Anne really hits the point home that you must think with your head as well as your heart. Ashley decides that at this time, they can be nothing more than friends.
When Ricky gets home, his birth mother is at his apartment above the butcher shop. She wants to bond with him before she goes back to prison. Even though he keeps pushing her away you get the sense that he enjoys her being around. After school they come home to find her selling up a storm at the butcher’s shop. Ricky is genuinely sad when he drives his mother to turn herself in.
The Dead Parents Club gathers to help Ben practice telling his deceased mother that he's going to be a father. He thinks it will help him break the news to Amy. It doesn’t. Ben informs Leo that he’s not going to tell her he’ll let her hear from someone else. Leo takes charge and charters a plane to take Ben to NY to take him to tell Amy face to face.
When they arrive in NY, Amy is ecstatic to see Ben. Even though he has already prepared a speech he blurts out his secret. As predicted Amy’s furious, says goodbye, and turns her back on Ben.
Madison and Lauren aren’t speaking to each other and Lauren is mad at Madison because she knew that Adrian decided to keep the baby and Madison didn’t tell her that until Monday at school. Madison says she had a hectic weekend, but Lauren thinks she was too busy making out with Jack. Lauren ends up telling Jesse that the two of them are going to be spending more time together and he and Jack end up getting pulled into Lauren and Madison being mad at each other.
Adrian decides to announce to the whole school that she is pregnant and she doesn’t care what anyone has to say about it. She then says that she is pregnant with Ben’s baby.
Meanwhile Kathleen finds out that Jack has been living with Tom in the guest house because Tom failed his drug test due to the pot brownies. He tells her he doesn’t have any other options so she decides to let him stay there and see how it works out. She tells him that she’s not going to put him out on the street but is annoyed that Jack, Tom, and Grace all knew that Jack was staying in the guest house because none of them asked if it would be okay and none of them told her that he was living with Tom.
- Shailene Woodley as Amy Juergens
- Daren Kagasoff as Ricky Underwood
- Francia Raisa as Adrian Lee
- Ken Baumann as Ben Boykewich
- India Eisley as Ashley Juergens
- Greg Finley as Jack Pappas
- Megan Park as Grace Bowman
- Mark Derwin as George Juergens
- Molly Ringwald as Anne Juergens
- Steve Schirripa as Leo Boykewich
- Allen Evangelista as Henry Miller
- Amy Rider as Alice Valko
- Renee Olstead as Madison Cooperstein
- Camille Winbush as Lauren Treacy
- Josie Bissett as Kathleen Bowman
- Luke Zimmerman as Tom Bowman
- When Ben goes to the bathroom after being humiliated by Adrian around the 26:35 mark, if you look closely at the symbol on the door, Ben walked into the GIRLS bathroom.